Insurance Sales Agent Education Requirements
Insurance sales agents learn many of their job duties on the job from other agents.
Insurance sales agent education requirements. To become an insurance agent you need a minimum of a high school diploma. Bureau of labor statistics. You need to complete prelicensing education for your line of authority which is determined by each state. As an insurance agent you are selling protection for your clients most valuable possessions.
Employers prefer to hire insurance agents who have college degrees particularly in business or economics they might consider hiring a high school graduate who has proven sales ability. 50 600 for a insurance sales agents job outlook 2016 2026 10 for all insurance sales agents training. After you ve decided what kind of insurance agent you want to be the next step is to understand the basic requirements. Insurance sales agent training.
The average income for an insurance agent was 46 770 in 2011 according to the u s. Degrees in business finance or economics can be useful for candidates including those who are looking to advance to a managerial position. This practice allows the new agent to learn how to conduct the company s business and to understand how the agency interacts with clients. Every state requires insurance agents to be licensed they need separate licenses to sell life and health.
However further education can help you succeed in this business. Insurance sales agents are required to have some formal education. Each state has different licensure requirements for insurance agents and even within a state these requirements vary depending on the type of insurance one sells. Prior sales experience in any industry is helpful but not required.
Taking the right insurance courses can make the difference between landing an insurance job with a major national agency and not obtaining a license to sell insurance within your state. Learn about the degree programs job duties and skills required to see if this is the right career for you. An aspiring agent must become licensed to sell property and casualty insurance in the state where they intend to offer their services. Understand the general requirements.
Courses needed to become an insurance agent. Many employers have new agents shadow an experienced agent. In general to obtain a license to sell insurance one must pay a fee complete a pre licensing training course and pass a licensing examination. According to the bureau of labor statistics insurance agents earn an annual median wage.
Specific licensing requirements for insurance agents vary by state but the prerequisites generally involve attending training courses and seminars passing a state licensing exam and paying a fee. Continuing education recommended to keep up with changes in tax laws and benefits programs.
- Insurance Companies For Life Insurance
- Insurance Broker For Business Near Me
- Insurance Companies In Gilmer Texas
- Insurance Companies In Rock Hill South Carolina
- Insurance Companies In Redding California
- Insurance Companies In Rock Falls Il
- Insurance Companies In Savannah Georgia
- Insurance Agent Salary Dallas Tx
- Insurance Companies In Buckhannon Virginia
- Insurance Companies For Life
- Insurance Broker Salary Los Angeles
- Insurance Card Policy Holder
- Insurance Card Policy Number Blue Cross
- Insurance Companies In Kingsburg California
- Insurance Bonds Vs Etf
- Insurance Companies Downtown Calgary
- Insurance Agent Salary Los Angeles
- Insurance Companies Near Me Now
- Insurance Companies Giving Back To Customers
- Insurance Companies In Virginia Beach